Thursday, January 27, 2011

WHO YOU CALLING A PISSPOT?!

 THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011 - CROMWELL TOP 10 HOLIDAY PARK - 10 PM  - It was a warm day...high 80s as we arrived here in Cromwell from Middlemarch.   A lovely day and lovely drive here...reminded me of eastern Washington with the rolling hills and big valleys!  This is wine country so we went to a couple of the local wineries to sample their goods.   The first one was the Aurum Vineyard then to the Wooing Tree vineyard (they kept a local tree in the middle of the vineyards that the locals used to go to in order to "woo" their ladies!   Lots of good tastes and a couple bottles purchased to enjoy as we head towards Mt. Cook tomorrow for a couple days.   I am having trouble with the "Dongle" and wi fi so not posting  all my great pictures yet...sorry.   Tonight we had a bottle of Montana vineyards Chardonnay with our dinner and I drank my last glass before Geoff so he looked at me and said "you ARE a pisspot!"   :)   Like I care....hehehe

Last night we went to the Middlemarch pub and enjoyed the local beer and cider and had some great pub food for dinner.   Met a local who had worked on the railroad before they converted it to the "rail trail" for bikes and walkers (it goes from Middlemarch 152 kms to Clyde--just beyond Alexandra).  He was quite a character.   The camp we were in was very quiet and dark and the stars were just spectacular!   So was the sunset.   That's all for now and I promised Geoff I would put a picture of ME drinking rather than him, so:
Love, Sue (aka Pisspot) & Geoff xo

1 comment:

  1. Warm day, wine, great travel buddy, rolling hills...uh, sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete