Thursday, October 27, 2011

LIVERPOOL = THE BEATLES , A FERRIS WHEEL, A PUB & THE CAVERN!

Thursday, October 27 - Garstang - I'm a week behind on my blogging.  No reason except I wanted to leave the last one on so my grandson, Jon, could read about the Viking turd--and other artifacts--and now he has!  :)   I know he was impressed.   And to dear Larisa, I always post the Starbucks pics for YOU--see if you find one in this post!!!!!  :)


So, last Thursday, October 20, we drove through Southport to L'pool(the highway signs sometimes abbreviate it like this--cracks me up!) and spent the night in a pub/hotel in the downtown area that was close to Albert Dock!   We walked down to the dock and found ourselves at The Beatles Story museum which was fab (as in "the fab 4"!)<-----reference for those of us who remember!  So here are some of my favorite pictures:
And, oh, do I remember this:
The only blue vinyl of the Beatles' White Album and the cover is signed by Paul McCortney:
And for my dear friend, Sue Bailey--let's see if she reads this--hahaha:

It was a totally awesome place with the self guided earphone tour, lots of great memorabilia (I didn't even show all the pics I took!), music, actual outfits of the Beatles and then at the end they have this awesome hands-on place!   It is well worth the money if you are ever in Liverpool--a MUST SEE!

We went outside and viewed the River Mersey--it was a gray day but at least it wasn't raining--here is a "Ferry 'Cross(ing) the Mersey" (of Gerry & the Pacemakers fame) and a huge catamaran that was docking--we found out that the catamaran goes between L'pool and the Isle of Man!
I said to Geoff that I wanted to go on the ferris wheel that was nearby--it looked like they were enclosed compartments so it wouldn't be too cold--he said okay reluctantly but enjoyed it as much as I did--another MUST since you can see the Wales hillsides in the distance and all over L'pool and there is an interesting narrated "tour"!:

Above is looking over Echo Stadium and the Wales hillside in the far distance!

Then we walked a couple blocks to the historic Baltic Fleet pub for a pint!   Geoff is standing across the street in the first picture and then the others are inside:
We took a cab up to the Cavern Walks area and had a great dinner in a restaurant called "Piccolino's"--great lasagna, wine, cheeses, fruit/nuts and hazelnut liquor truffles!    I didn't take any pictures but the food and service was great!   We were just a block away from The Cavern so we walked on over there and listend to the Mersey Beatles play all the old Beatles songs and they were so great--sounded like the original Beatles and look like them, too:
We had the best time in Liverpool--would love to go back again someday!
Love, Geoff & Sue xo
(from down inside The Cavern, Liverpool, England!)

1 comment:

  1. I havent had my morning coffee yet...but I did not see Starbucks! Lol. That Beatles experience/museum is awesome! A must see for me if I ever get over there...thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete