Monday, March 21, 2011

AS WE PREPARE TO LEAVE NZ...

Early Tuesday morning, March 22 2011 - I spent a lot of time working on my blog off and on today only to near finishing it nnd it went "poof" and disappeared...not sure what I did so will try to recreate it later...it is just past midnight here and I need some sleep for some reason...  :)

So I do remember saying in my lost blog that we had an entertaining St. Patrick's Day on Thursday--the local Irish Pub (Malones) was raising money for Christchurch so we participated and spent the late afternoon listening to Irish music by "Gael Force" (they were great!), dinner at Stefanos Pizzeria, then back to the pub for "Jafa" (rock and roll duo from the UK who rocked the house on guitars!)  It was a fun afternoon and evening...and here's a picture of Gael Force:
On Friday, we somberly watched the TV cooverage of the Christchurch memorial service--it was very moving and I know that the people of Christchurch needed to have some kind of acknowledgement of what they have endured.  They asked people to wear black t-shirts that day or buy one made in Auckland (with all proceeds going to Christchurch) so I bought Geoff and I each one to wear (they have a hand drawn heart with "Chch" in the middle and the words in white that say "our hearts are with you X"--so we wore our t-shirts to honor and remember Christchurch :

(Sorry about my goofy grin above--I think Geof just "goosed" me and I only got one shot of the 2 of us!)

It looks like this is as far as I can get with this blog and downloading pictures at this point so tune in later and see the rest of our week!   Love, Sue and Geoff xo   PS Be sure to read the blog below about the great Pinot Gris!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your matching shirts! Next year you guys should go to Ireland for St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete